Google
 

Monday 7 May 2007

GRADO Headphones - "The World's Finest"

Went to Causeway Point last Saturday and got myself a pair of GRADO SR-80 headphones. Wasn't actually looking to buy headphones. Was supposed to be going for a haircut. Happens that there was this 'Stereo Electronics' beside the barber. Since there was a queue at the barber, I pop into the shop to browse around.


Was looking at the specs of some of the headphones when the salesperson approached me. Discussed with him on the specs and he said that the frequency response is not so critical. The impedance is more important. If the headphones has low impedance, means it's easily driven (means no need so much power). Hmm, learnt something today.



Tried the Audio-Technica (think it's the ATH-AD500 model). The headphones were humongous. He said it was meant for studio recording purposes.



The treble was crisp and clear. And the base was solid. Pity, it was too big. Don't want people to think I'm from Mars.



1
Tried a few other Audio-Technica headphones, although they were smaller in size, the sound wasn't as sweet as the ATH-AD500


The guy then recommended the GRADO headphones. He let me try the SR-60 at first, which was the entry level. Hmm, the sound quality was quite close (85%) to the ATH-AD500, and the price was quite comfortable for me.


Was about to pay for it when the guy asked me to try the SR-80. Wah piang ! Tempt me. Ok lor. At least I won't regret getting the SR-80 (I hope).


Tried the SR-80 and DAMN ! The sound quality was almost (95%) was good as the ATH-AD500 !! Somemore got 1 year warranty. Ha ha. In the end, I bought the GRADO SR-80.
1
1

Not your usual plastic headphone packaging. Comes in a box with warranty and warning inside.

1

This is how it looks like inside. Pity it doesn't come with a pouch to carry the headphones.

1

The salesperson was also very friendly and helpful. Let me test out a few headphones before deciding to buy the GRADO. Didn't get the guy's name. But his hair abit like Beckham's old style, the standing one. Somemore they got dedicated amps to let you try out the headphones.

The shop is at Causeway point, 4th level, #04-08.

3 comments:

momo said...

I wanna try your grado!!!

Dark Knight said...

Sure ! You sure won't regret one !!

Unknown said...

I like to listen music every time, I usually wear my headphone. Actually, I want a house close to the camp and listen loud music, that’s why I think costa rica investment opportunities is a great option for me and for another ones.