Google
 

Sunday 3 June 2007

F.I.R. Non-Event

Was supposed to have helped my friend, Jit Leong, take some photos of one of the band members of F.I.R. (Ah Qin) who visited his gallery at China Square Food Centre today (2 June).


Initially, I was taking some shots of Ah Qin approaching the shop and being greeted by Jit Leong. Ah Qin seemed a friendly guy, with all smiles. As they went into the gallery, I only managed to take 1 shot when someone from the magazine (Teenage) asked me "Where are you from?" like I was some illegal immigrant.


I didn't like her tone of voice but also didn't want to make thing difficult for Jit Leong. Told her I was with the shop. She then told me that they only allow their own photographer to take phots and they would send Jit Leong the photos once it's ready. Sure.


Anyway, no loss for me. So I just waited outside. Pity his fans who also had to wait outside in the partially lit and stuffy foodcourt. As it was a saturday, no stalls were opened on the 2nd level. So the management of the food court decided to go environmentally friendly.


If you're interested in what actually went on during the non-event, you can visit Jit Leong's blog, where he had posted the few photos which I had managed to take 'illegally'.


After that, we went off to the PC Show at Suntec City. This time, the show was only held on 1 level, compared to previously which was 3. Was actually looking for the Nikon booth as Jit Leong wanted to test out the Nikon Speedlight SB800. The only Nikon booth there was by Courts, but it didn't have the Speedlight.


In the end, Jit Leong bought some Canon ink for his PIXMA Pro9000 printer. And I bought myself a 1GB Sandisk Extreme III compact flash card for only $45. Still remember I bought the Lexar 80x 1GB for more than $100.


Anyway, didn't really have much to see except for the usual laptops and computers and printers ,etc. Came out in less than half an hour.


After the PC Show, went to People's Park Complex to get Jit Leong's Speedlight. You can read all about the adventure at his blog.


Didn't wanted to write about the non-event until I read Jit Leong's take on it. For me, taking photos of my 2 little rascals is anytime better.


Good night.


No comments: