Google
 

Sunday 30 March 2008

B. Eng (Honours) Aerospace Systems

UniSIM (SIM University) yesterday had a mini Open House / Road Show for their new Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Aerospace Systems (BEHAS). Was quite interested so went down yesterday to take a look.

For this programme, UniSIM works closely with Cranfield University (CU), which is an international academic institution that is established in Aerospace and Aviation programmes.

There is also a 1 week study visit to the institution where students take to the air in sorties to understand aircraft performance and flight evaluation. Other highlights will be lectures and simulated drills in accident and emergency handling, accident investigation, wind tunnel and bird strike tests.

The Air Transport Training College (ATTC) also has a similar programme. But theirs probably focus more on the operation and management areas. The degree is offered by the University of Technology Sydney (UTS). You can also check it out and make comparisons.

Anyway, I've applied for the programme, which will commence in July. Would be notified in next month if I'm accepted. Heard that they are only accepting 50 students in the pioneer batch.

You can go to UniSIM's website for more details on the programme.

As I was there early, I went to their cafeteria for lunch. Wifey was saying the western food is not bad so ordered the salmon with spaghetti, which cost $6.50.

The salmon and spaghetti was quite nicely done, full of flavour. But the portion of spaghetti probably couldn't even fill a small bowl. I think even Jaslynn may find the portion insufficient. For $6.50, I would expect a bigger serving of spaghetti at least.

Anyway, had to order a bowl of ban mian (hand-made noodles) to fill my stomach. For only $2.50, there were mince pork, chye sim vegetables, fried ikan bilis, egg, and the portion of noodles is comparable to what you would get in food courts.

All in, my lunch cost me $9.00 and I haven't even had my cup of kopi-c yet !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

grandmafull said...

uncle, salmon expensive ah!!
shortage of fish, scarcity of wheat n coffeebeans, drought!